Monday, February 18, 2013

Unbroken by Paula Morris Book Review

Happy Monday!


Really I hate monday's they are the worst day of the week in my opinion but we might as well make the best of it right? And besides its another day to catch up on my monsterous sized to-read list!


Okay so enough chit chat here is my review for Unbroken:



Unbroken (Ruined, #2)
Welcome back to New Orleans.
Where the streets swirl with jazz and beauty.
Where the houses breathe with ghosts.

A year ago, Rebecca Brown escaped death in a New Orleans cemetery. Now she has returned to this haunting city. She is looking forward to seeing Anton Grey, the boy who may or may not have her heart.

But she also meets a ghost: a troubled boy who insists only she can help him. Soon Rebecca finds herself embroiled in another murder mystery from more than a century ago. But as she tries to right wrongs, she finds more questions than answers: Is she putting her friends, and herself, in danger? Can she trust this new ghost? And has she stumbled into something much bigger and more serious than she understands?



I never excpected their to be a sequel to this book, I was thrilled that their was but it was published so long after the first book I just didn't think it would happen. I loved the first book so much all the supense and mystery, the ghost and the curse I loved every minitue of it. I enjoyed this book too but it wasn't quite as good as the first book. I did enjoy it though and would reccomend that you read it if you read the first book, even though its not as good it wraps up some things that you wondered about. I liked the characters just as much as I did in the first but at times I found myself extremely frustrated with Anton! I really like the new character Ling who is a friend of Rebecca's from New York. She was very sweet but yet fiesty and brave she gave some of the moments I found a little boring a bit more fun. I hate to say anything bad about this book becasue I love Paula Morris and there were parts of the book I really enjoyed but parts of it were just not that intresting. It was not pulse pounding and exciting like the first book it kind of dragged in spots. The best parts were the parts that involved digging up information about a new ghost Rebecca meets named Frank. I don't want to give away to many details for those who haven't read it yet. All in all my opinion is that this book had some good moments and this book also had some boring moments, but I don't regret reading it and was happy to see what happened to the characters I came to love in the first book.



No comments:

Post a Comment